Ph.D., University of Virginia
Areas of Specialization:
- Comparative Politics
- International Relations (East Asia)
- Politics of China and Taiwan
- Security issues in the Asia-Pacific.
- Politics and Society in Contemporary China (Informationabout the book)
- Economic Reform in China 1979-2003: The Marketization of Labor and State Enterprises
- Fulbright Research Scholarship, Polish-US Fulbright Commission
- Taiwan Fellowship, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of China (Taiwan)
- Visiting Scholar, National Cheng-chi University, Taiwan
- US Army War College Commandant’s National Security Program
- Academic Fellow, the Foundation for the Defense of Democracies (FDD) in Washington, D.C.
- President, Virginia Consortium for Asian Studies
- Board member, American Association for Chinese Studies
- Dozens of scholarly articles on contemporary politics in China and Taiwan in Policy Studies Review, American Asian Review, Asian Affairs, and TEKA (Poland).
- Several book chapters in scholarly books, including “Technological Change and China’s Naval Modernization: Security Implications for Taiwan,” in Cross-Strait Relations in an Era of Technological Change; “Soft-power versus hard cash: Retaining diplomatic allies,” in Taiwan and the International Community); and “Taiwan Republic of China,” inEncyclopedia of Modern China
- Appearances on CNBC, CGTN, Global NewsAsia, BBC
- Recipient, Waple Professor Award, University of Mary Washington
To send an email to Professor Larus: firstname.lastname@example.org