Ph.D., University of Southern California
Areas of Specialization:
- International Political Economy
- Politics of globalization
- Comparative politics of South Asia
- Indian foreign policy
- Gender and development
- Co-author (with Regina Birner and Neeru Sharma) of the book The Political Economy of Agricultural Policy Reform in India: Fertilizer and Electricity for Irrigation. Washington, DC: International Food Policy Research Institute, 2011.
- Author of peer-reviewed articles in International Studies Perspectives, International Negotiations and in edited volumes.
- Author of pieces for the East-West Center’s Asia Pacific Bulletin, Foreign Affairs blog, World Politics Review.
- Managing Editor, Indian Politics and Policy, peer-reviewed and open-access journal published by the Policy Studies Organization.
- Founding member and section chair (2019-2021) of South Asia in World Politics, a section under the International Studies Association.
- Recipient of the UMW Department of Political Science John M. Kramer Faculty Excellence Award for 2018.
- Recipient of the Mary Pinschmidt Award for 2017 (recognizes the faculty member who seniors select as the person they will most likely remember as the one who had the greatest impact on their lives).
- Recipient of 2015 Asia Studies Fellowship, East-West Center, Washington DC
- Recipient of 2011-12 Jepson Fellowship, UMW.
To send e-mail to Professor Gupta: firstname.lastname@example.org