Ph.D., Georgetown University
Areas of Specialization:
- American Government: The Presidency, Media and Politics, Elections
- Presidential Communication and Character: White House News Management from Clinton and Cable to Twitter and Trump (Routledge, 2018)
- The Global President: International Media and the U.S. Government (Rowman & Littlefield, 2013, coauthored)
- The Nightly News Nightmare: Media Coverage of U.S. Presidential Elections, 1988-2008 (Rowman & Littlefield, 2011, coauthored)
- Spinner in Chief: How Presidents Sell Their Policies and Themselves (Paradigm, 2009).
The Mediated Presidency: Television News and Presidential Governance (Rowman & Littlefield, 2006, coauthored)
- Political Support in a Frustrated America (Praeger, 2003).
- Dozens of scholarly articles on the presidency, the mass media, U.S. public opinion and Virginia politics in peer-reviewed journals
- Canada-U.S. Fulbright Research Chair in Public Policy, McGill University, Montreal.
- Provided U.S. government-funded reporter training seminars in Ukraine, Georgia, Azerbaijan, Lithuania, Armenia and Estonia
- Former Chair, Political Communication Section, American Political Science Association
- Former National President, Pi Sigma Alpha, Political Science Honor Society
- Recipient, Virginia Outstanding Faculty Award from the State Council of Higher Education for Virginia
- Recipient, Mary W. Pinschmidt Teaching Award
- Recipient, Alumni Association Outstanding Young Faculty Award
- Recipient, the Richard Palmieri Outstanding Professor Award
- Recipient, Waple Research Professorship
To send e-mail to Professor Farnsworth: email@example.com