Stephen J. Farnsworth
Professor and Director, Center for Leadership and Media Studies
(Ph.D., Georgetown University)
–areas of specialization:
American Government: the Presidency, Media and Politics, Elections
The Global President: International Media and the U.S. Government (Rowman &
Littlefield, 2013, coauthored).
– The Nightly News Nightmare: Media Coverage of U.S. Presidential Elections, 1988-2008 (Rowman & Littlefield, 2011, coauthored).
– Spinner in Chief: How Presidents Sell Their Policies and Themselves (Paradigm, 2009).
– The Mediated Presidency: Television News and Presidential Governance (Rowman & Littlefield, 2006, coauthored).
– Political Support in a Frustrated America (Praeger, 2003).
– dozens of scholarly articles on the presidency, the mass media, U.S. public opinion and Virginia politics in peer-reviewed journals
– Canada-U.S. Fulbright Research Chair in Public Policy, McGill University, Montreal.
– Provided U.S. government-funded reporter training seminars in Ukraine, Georgia, Azerbaijan, Lithuania, Armenia and Estonia.
– Recipient, Mary W. Pinschmidt Teaching Award.
– Recipient, Alumni Association Outstanding Young Faculty Award.
– Recipient, the Richard Palmieri Outstanding Professor Award.
To send e-mail to Professor Farnsworth: firstname.lastname@example.org