Grant Proposals are due March 28, 2016
Summer Pedagogy Program Requirements
All grant proposals must address one or more of the following strands:
- Strengthening engagement with international issues or American diversity
- On-line course development
To Submit an Application for a Pedagogy Grant:
Identify the stand(s) into which your proposal fits.
Submit a narrative of up to 750 words that describes:
• The relationship between your proposed pedagogical initiative and the needs of your department
• Course objectives or goals of the proposed initiative
• The assessment plan (how do you plan to assess whether the proposed course outcomes/goals/objectives were realized?)
• The nature of your proposed pedagogical initiative and how the proposed initiative differs from your regular offerings
• How the pedagogy is appropriate to the subject matter
• As appropriate, implications for department coverage of existing courses (discuss with department chair)
• The semester the new or revised course will be taught. If this is a new course, take into account the timing of the faculty governance approval process.
If you receive a grant, please note:
All funded projects will require a final abstract that can be published on the CAS website. Abstracts must be in a format acceptable for publication in these media. A final report is also required. It can take one of three forms:
- Written report-must include a brief overview of the project; project objectives; assessment procedures; outcomes/impact on student learning
- Presentation to the UMW community – must include a brief overview of the project; project objectives; assessment procedures; outcomes/impact on student learning
- Peer reviewed external publication and/ or presentation at a local/national conference – must submit manuscript, conference proposal, or presentation
If proposal involves team teaching, funding will be split between the team. Signatures must be obtained from all department chairs for the grant to be considered.
Faculty that received UMW Faculty Research Grants for summer 2016 are not eligible for this award. Previous funded faculty should consider applying for a Faculty Grant through the Center for Teaching Excellence and Innovation.
Exhibitions, performances, presentations, and publications resulting from funded proposals should acknowledge the CAS Pedagogy Grant Program.