Grant Proposals are due April 3rd
All grant proposals must address one or more of the following strands:
- Strengthening engagement with international issues or American diversity
- On-line course development
To Submit an Application for a Pedagogy Grant:
Submit application electronically in one PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org
Identify the stand(s) into which your proposal fits.
Submit a narrative of up to 750 words that describes:
- The way in which your proposal addresses one or both of the strands
- The relationship between your proposed pedagogical initiative and the needs of your department
- Course objectives or goals of the proposed initiative
- The assessment plan (how do you plan to assess whether the proposed course outcomes/goals /objectives were realized?
- The nature of your proposed pedagogical initiative and how the proposed initiative differs from your regular offerings
- How the pedagogy is appropriate to the subject matter
- As appropriate, implications for department coverage of existing courses (discuss with department chair)
- The semester the new or revised course will be taught. IF this is a new course, take into account the timing of the faculty governance approval process.
If you receive a grant, please note:
All funded projects will require a final abstract that can be published on the CAS website. Abstracts must be in a format acceptable for publication in these media. A final report is also required. It can take one of three forms:
- Written report-must include a brief overview of the project; project objectives; assessment procedures; outcomes/impact on student learning
- Presentation to the UMW community – must include a brief overview of the project; project objectives; assessment procedures; outcomes/impact on student learning
- Peer reviewed external publication and/ or presentation at a local/national conference – must submit manuscript, conference proposal, or presentation
- If proposal involves team teaching, funding will be split between the team. Signatures must be obtained from all department chairs for the grant to be considered.
- Faculty that received UMW Faculty Research Grants for summer 2016 are not eligible for this award. Previous funded faculty should consider applying for a Faculty Grant through the Center for Teaching Excellence and Innovation
- Exhibitions, performances, presentations, and publications resulting from funded proposals should acknowledge the CAS Pedagogy Grant Program.