Summer Pedagogy Grant Program
Sponsored by the Deans of CoB, CoE, and CAS
The purpose of the summer 2018 pedagogy grant program is to support faculty interested in making substantive advances in course development or pedagogical innovation. Faculty will receive a one-time award of $2500 in June to support their work and are expected to collaborate with the Center for Teaching Excellence and Innovation and/or the Division of Teaching and Learning Technologies in fall 2018 to disseminate the results of their work.
ALL GRANT PROPOSALS MUST ADDRESS ONE OF THE PRESIDENT’S STRATEGIC GOALS:
- Promote a culture of service and social justice
- Reconstitute the liberal arts for the digital age
- Immerse students in applied and impactful learning experiences
- Create a diverse and inclusive community
AN APPLICATION FOR A PEDAGOGY GRANT IS COMPRISED OF TWO DOCUMENTS:
- A summer pedagogy grant cover sheet signed by the department chair or associate dean
- A supporting narrative of up to 750 words containing:
- a complete description of the work intended
- how the work addresses one of our strategic goals
- the benefit of your work to the UMW student (how does this work impact student success?)
- the plan for implementing the findings of the project
- an assessment plan (depending on the nature of the project)
- plans for disseminating the results
IF YOU RECEIVE A GRANT, PLEASE NOTE:
- Grant recipients will need to submit an abstract suitable for posting on the web. Results of the project will also have to be shared in one of three ways:
- Technical written report to include a brief overview of the project, project objectives, assessment procedures, and outcomes/impact on student learning. These reports will be made available to the broader community.
- Presentation to the UMW community (as coordinated by the CTE&I).
- Peer reviewed external publication and/or presentation at a local/national conference.
- If the proposal involves a team, funding will be split between the team members. Signatures must be obtained from all chairs/assoc deans for the grant to be considered.
- Faculty that received UMW Faculty Research Grants for summer 2018 are not eligible for this award.
- Faculty are encourage to reach out to DTLT or CTE&I for support during the funding period.
- Exhibitions, performances, presentations, and publications resulting from funded proposals should acknowledge the UMW Summer Pedagogy Grant Program.
Proposals are due electronically or in hard copy to the Dean by 5pm on April 6. Final selection will be made by the three deans and announced before the end of the semester.