Poet’s Walk is a residential facility for individuals with Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia. It is one of the only women-owned and operated senior living companies in the nation and highly respected for our outstanding care, service and unique company culture. Our facility creates stability for our residents and their families, resulting in exceptional care and quality of life. A wide variety of activities are available which challenges the mind, strengthens the body, and uplifts the spirit.
- Assist the Director of Life Enrichment with conducting and planning activities
- Assist with leading and conducting a variety of programming.
- Contributes positive, enthusiastic energy.
- Promoting resident socialization.
- Expanding residents’ special interests.
- Increasing residents’ physical activity and continuing residents’ education.
- May have the opportunity to attend and participate in staff training and in services.
Required from Agency:
Requires the ability to exert up to 40 lbs of force occasionally and or occasionally lift, carry, push or move objects, including the human body. Walking, standing, bending, stooping, and squatting are required frequently. The agency may also require background and TB tests.
- Must meet all UMW and Department of Psychological Science internship requirements.
- PSYC 233 – Psychology of Aging
- PSYC 211 – Abnormal Psychology OR PSYC 242 – Personality
Grade based on completion of intern hours, participation in internship supervision, supervisor evaluation, journals, and final paper.
Karen Moreno (email@example.com)
3020 Gordon W. Shelton Road
Fredericksburg, VA 22401