Credit By Examination Information

An enrolled, degree-seeking student may request, from a department, a special examination in any course offered by that department. The department will determine if an examination is appropriate in the requested course. The Credit-by-Exam form instructions are found on the Registrar’s Webpage.

If the student passes the examination, the course and a grade of CR will be recorded on the permanent record to indicate credits earned. Quality points, however, will not be awarded.

If a student fails the examination, a grade of CI will be recorded. Should the latter occur, the student must enroll in the course in the next semester in which the course is offered. The student’s earned grade, with attendant quality points, will replace the grade of CI. Should the student not so enroll, the CI will be converted to a grade of F.