George Washington’s Mount Vernon is now accepting applications for its Historic Trades Summer Internship. This internship provides an opportunity for undergraduate students to become immersed in 18th-century history, agriculture, and industry. Deadline: Applications due by February 14, 2020
Eligibility: This program is open to undergraduate students who have completed at least one year of college as of May 31, 2020 and will not have graduated as of May 31, 2020.
Benefits: This is a paid internship, and interns receive reimbursement for travel expenses to and from Mount Vernon. The Historic Trades department generally takes interns on two field trips to historic sites in the region.
Requirements: Applicants must be able to –
- Work the entire 10-week internship period of May 31 through August 8, 2020.
- Greet and talk with numerous guests of all ages.
- Work outdoors in hot and humid weather.
- Perform rigorous physical activity, including demonstrating 18th-century farming methods, field work, and milling/distilling.
- Work in a dusty environment.
- Lift and carry 50 pounds.
- Work with 18th-century tools and implements.
- Conduct hands-on activities.
Application Site / More Information: See this link