Students may chose to participate in an internship program at businesses or corporations during the summer or during the school year, and credit may be earned for this by enrolling in CHEM499, which requires completion of the Internship Contract. Students interested in internships should explore the Internship Page managed by the Office of Career Services (University Center, Suite 206, (540) 654-5646).
The following web sites may also help in finding an internship:
1) American Chemical Society Internship resources for students.
2) National Science Foundation This web site details opportunities for summer research at various institutions (Research Opportunities for Undergraduates – REU Program)
3) National Institutes of Health Internships, summer research, and other training opportunities.
4) Oak Ridge Institute for Science & Education (Dept of Energy) Internships and research fellowships
5) Handshake (UMW) online tool for finding internships and jobs