The UMW Undergraduate Student Research and Creativity recognizes the excellence of undergraduate research at UMW thanks to the expert guidance of our faculty mentors.
More information can be found here.
- Margaret Gregory and Melody Sepehrar – “Setup for Saturated Absorption Spectroscopy of 87Rb” (Mentor Hai Nguyen)
- Andrew J. Rasure and Shannon Brindle – “Exploring Parameters for Up-converting Nanoparticles”(Mentor Hai Nguyen)
- Rebecca Callaway and Mary Dye –“Laser Harp: Restoring a Classic Instrument with Modern Technology” (Mentor Hai Nguyen)
- Brandon Rozek, Stefano Coronado, Ethan Ramirez –“Beowulf Cluster for Research & Education” (Mentor Maia Magrakvelidze)
- Hannah Killian and Brandon Rozek -“Modeling Population Dynamics of Incoherent and Coherent Excitation” (Mentor: Hai Nguyen).
- Zaire Sprowal “Fractal Image Compression (FIC) and possible applications to Physical Systems” (Mentor: Hai Nguyen).
- Ryan Barlow “Chaos: Hidden Attractors in Chua’s Circuit” (Mentor: George King, III)