Application Deadline: Rolling admissions
CSIIP is the Commonwealth STEM industry Internship Program, an internship program managed by the Virginia Space Grant Consortium. CSIIP is an online program that serves as a vehicle linking Virginia’s STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math) undergraduates majors to more than 100 companies throughout Virginia that are offering paid internship opportunities in STEM-related fields. CSIIP is funded by the Commonwealth of Virginia, and is free to use for students, college career services, and participating companies.
See their flyer CSIIP Interactive Flyer (Jan 2015).
Student benefits include…
- A Certificate of Completion signed by Governor McAuliffe.
- Access to free and informative webcasts posted on the CSIIP website.
- A convenient single-application process to reach 100+ companies across Virginia. Students don’t need to reapply each year.
- No application deadlines
- CSIIP applications roll over for future years, and updating your application is easier than ever
- Students can indicate an interest in a specific organization or specific internship opportunity.
- Opportunity for excellent hands-on experience related to their field of study.
Please call Christa Hahn or Scott Bellows (Office: 757/766-5210, Cell: 757/876-4413)
l) if they have any questions regarding the CSIIP application process, student eligibility, or other CSIIP-related items. They may also email CSIIP directly at email@example.com.
One more thing…
All new CSIIP applicants (to included newly updated existing CSIIP applications) will be entered into two drawings for two $150.00 Amazon gift cards.
When are the drawings?
- December 1, 2014
- February 27, 2015
Submitting a new CSIIP application is easy
- Go to the CSIIP Student Page and click the Apply Herebutton
- Click on New User Registration
- Enter your First and Last Name, email and click ‘Register’
- A temporary email will be sent to you via your email
- To completely fill out the application, you will need…
- Resume (PDF)
- Unofficial Transcripts (PDF)
- Names and contact info for two references (they will automatically be sent instructions for authorship)
- Recommended: a pre-written short essay about yourself
- Save your application throughout the process
- ‘Submit’ your application (required to be entered into the drawings)
Update your existing completed CSIIP Application
- Go to the CSIIP Student Page and click the Update Your Applicationbutton
- Login to CSIIP using the same email you used when you first registered.
Forgot your password?
- Click on ‘Reset Password’
- A temporary email will be sent to you via your email; use it to login
- Make whatever changes are needed (e.g., contact info, addresses, status [Jr. Sr., etc.])
- UPDATE YOUR RESUME AND TRANSCRIPTS. Be sure to include all additional experience and skills.
‘Submit’ your application (required to be entered into the drawings)