Climate and Environmental Action Readiness Plan Mission and Goals
In collaboration with local businesses, not-for-profit organizations, and regional public agencies, the University of Mary Washington is spearheading an initiative that aims to bring together the five jurisdictions in Planning District 16, including Fredericksburg, Stafford, Spotsylvania, King George, and Caroline Counties, to develop a Climate, Environment Action Readiness (CLEAR) Plan.
The CLEAR plan builds economic resilience and a sustainable high quality of life for our community through environmental readiness and disaster preparedness.
CLEAR Plan Goals:
- diversify the regional economy with green jobs
- identify sustainable activities that save homeowners and businesses money
- protect private property by creating and coordinating plans for floods and severe weather emergencies
- sustain our resources and open spaces
- build resilience through prevention and planning
Presentations from the CLEAR Meeting on November 13, 2013
Climate, Environment, and Readiness- Richard Finkelstein·Dean, College of Arts and Sciences·UMW
Green Enterprise: Why Businesses Go Green- Rebecca R. Rubin · President & CEO · Marstel-Day, LLC ·
Understanding Sustainability- Dr. Melanie Szulczewski ·Assistant Professor of Environmental Science·UMW
[Fill in the Blank] Diversity, Source of Beauty, Source of Strength – Dr. Alan Griffith · Professor of Biological Sciences ·UMW