When applying to our BSN Completion Program, the applicant must:
- Possess a valid, unencumbered RN license; and
- Have successfully completed either an accredited associate degree nursing program or RN diploma program.
The Admissions Office has several webpages dedicated to the program, with extremely helpful information about the requirements for applying. To visit their website, click here. Then, when you’re ready to apply, visit the application menu, click on Application for Undergraduate Degree Completion Programs (BLS, BSN), and follow the instructions for creating an account.
It is recommended that you apply by these dates*:
- Fall Term: Apr 1
- Spring Term: Oct 15
*These are not deadlines; they are merely the dates by which we suggest you apply in order to get the application process completed in plenty of time to begin the program in the next semester.
In addition to the UMW admission application packet, the applicant must also provide the following items to the Admissions Office in order to be considered for acceptance into the BSN-C Program:
- A copy of his/her current, unencumbered RN license to practice nursing; and
- An official transcript from each college or university attended, including an official transcript awarding an associate or diploma degree from an accredited school.
Send all application materials to the following address:
University of Mary Washington
Office of Admissions
1301 College Ave
Fredericksburg, VA 22401
All of the required items listed above must be received by the admissions office before a decision can be made. The Admissions Office will notify the applicant via letter.
If you have received a letter from the Admissions Office with an offer of admission to our program, you should immediately take the following actions:
1. Notify the Admissions Office of your acceptance of the offer of admission.
2. Pay the deposit.
3. After paying the deposit, you should immediately contact the BSN program at firstname.lastname@example.org or (540) 286-8084 in order to set up an appointment to meet with your BSN advisor. You won’t be able to enroll in any courses until you have met with the advisor. Together, you and the advisor will create a personalized degree map that outlines exactly which courses you’ll be taking each semester.
4. After you have met with the BSN advisor, you may then enroll in the classes for your first semester.