Bridges Behavioral Health Program
Rappahannock General Hospital’s Bridges Behavioral Health program is an inpatient and outpatient mental health program for adults. The treatment team consists of specialists such as psychiatrists, physicians, social workers, counselors, nurses, mental health technicians, and ancillary specialties such as physical/speech therapy and a dietician as indicated. The hospital is located in Kilmarnock, VA – approximately 1 hour 40 minutes southeast of Fredericksburg, just off Route 17 between Tappahannock and Gloucester.
- Assisting with group therapy programs
- Developing therapy programs for patients in the inpatient and outpatient programs.
- Working with the marketing and referral efforts.
- Staying involved with and assisting in recreational and diversionary education activities
- Attending and participating in weekly and called interdisciplinary meetings
- Following the progress of specific patients, as well as spending individual time with them
- Engaging in regular meetings concerning patients’ discharge planning and current treatment needs/progress with the staff.
- Learning about and becoming involved in managed care programs and health care reform
- Assisting Social Work with discharge planning and insurance certification and reviews.
- Must meet all UMW and Department of Psychological Science internship requirements.
- Required courses:
- PSYC 311 – Abnormal Psychology
- PSYC 315 – Foundations of Clinical Psychology
- Recommended courses:
- PSYC 342 – Psychology of Personality
- PSYC 394 – Psychopharmacology
- 42 hours of work per credit hour (most interns do 3 credits with 126 hours of work)
- Grade is based on on-campus supervision, agency evaluation, reflective journal, and a final paper
Outpatient Program Address: 113 DMV Drive Kilmarnock, VA 22482
Suzanne Souders (email@example.com)
Main office: (804) 435-9237