Pinnacle Treatment Center
Pinnacle Treatment Center offers Medication Assisted Treatment. Medication assisted treatment programs are recognized by SAMHSA (Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration.) Pinnacle Treatment Center offers “person centered addiction treatment for substance abuse.” Patients receive a daily dose of methadone/buprenorphine that helps to alleviate withdrawals and decreases the desire for Opioids. PTC consists of a medical treatment team of a physician, pharmacist, nurses and substance abuse counselors. Patients receive group and individual counseling, treatment planning, nursing assessments, annual physicals, and case management.
NOTE: Internship hours can be scheduled according to the intern’s availability; however clinic hours are from 5:30am-2:00 pm.
Evening Hours Available: There are hours available in the evening from 5:30Pm to 9:30PM, Mon, Wed, Thurs. for Intensive Outpatient Program for Substance Use Disorder.
Background Checks: All students will have a drug screen, a company background check, and a state background check that will include fingerprinting and cps background check. The company will facilitate and pay for background checks. These are non-transferrable from agency to agency.
- Weekly contact with agency supervisor.
- Training in case management
- Assisting with group therapy
- Observing intakes
- Conducting Prescreen phone calls
- Assisting with Drug Screens
- Providing renewals for authorizations
Must meet all UMW and Department of Psychological Science internship requirements.
- Required courses:
- PSYC 211 – Abnormal Psychology
- PSYC 315 – Foundations of Clinical Psychology
- Recommended courses:
- PSYC 394 – Psychopharmacology
Brandi Moore, Clinical Director (email@example.com)
Fredericksburg, Pinnacle Treatment
11720 Main Street
Fredericksburg, VA 22408
Main Office Number: 540-735-9350
- 42 hours of work per credit hour (most interns do 3 credits with 126 hours of work)
- Grade is based on on-campus supervision, agency evaluation, reflective journal, and a final paper