Fredericksburg Area HIV/AIDS Support Services (FAHASS)
FAHASS is a private, nonprofit organization whose mission is to positively impact individual and community health by providing integrated wellness, prevention, and health navigation services.
We provide a safe environment to learn, grow and maintain a healthy lifestyle. Our staff is dedicated to providing quality service to clients, their families and to the greater community.
- Working directly with Medical Case Managers, Non-Medical Case Managers, and Mental Health Counselors
- Observe and assist clients with intakes, assessing client needs, verifying and documenting their eligibility for services, making appropriate referrals, and assisting in case supervision
- Work on FAHASS programs, attend HIV/AIDS education trainings, assist with community outreach programs for special populations, and co-facilitate support groups for people with HIV/AIDS, those affected by HIV/AIDS, and/or those at-risk
- Attend weekly meetings with staff and agency contacts
- Maintain client files and records
- Work with diverse populations (e.g. homeless, LGBTQ, youth, etc.)
- Must meet all UMW and Department of Psychological Science internship requirements.
- Required courses:
- PSYC 311 – PSYC 315 – Foundations of Clinical Psychology
- PSYC 339 – Health Psychology or PSYC 349 – Psychology of Human Sexuality
- 42 hours of work per credit hour (most interns do 3 credits with 126 hours of work)
- Grade is based on on-campus supervision, agency evaluation, reflective journal, and a final paper
Erika Jones, Care Services Program Manager
Market Street Location (Admin & Care Services):
4701 Market Street, Suite B
Fredericksburg, VA 22408
Main office: (540) 907-4555
Elm Street Location (Prevention):
415 Elm Street
Fredericksburg, VA 22401
Main office: (540) 371-7532
Students interested in the Internship program should submit a resume and cover letter, and they prepare for an in-person interview. Interested applicants should also be prepared to sign confidentiality agreements with the agency.