Compassionate Counseling, LLC is an outpatient mental health clinic that provides individual, family, couples, and group therapy. Compassionate Counseling, LLC offers a Powerful Play Parenting Group and Trauma & PTSD Support Group for Women at select times. Compassionate Counseling, LLC specializes in Play Therapy with children and parents of minor children, Post-traumatic Stress Disorder with teenagers and adults, as well as co-occurring mental health / substance abuse disorders. Compassionate Counseling is a Veteran and Christian owned mental health clinic that treats all clients equally regardless of faith, ethnicity, and / or military background.
NOTE: Internship hours can be scheduled according to the intern’s availability; however, there might be some evening hours where you will need to be available to observe sessions and / or therapy groups. Compassionate Counseling, LLC is only open Monday through Fridays and closed on Federal Holidays. Internships are not guaranteed to be available every semester.
- Meet once a week for a minimum of 30 minutes face to face with Elizabeth either on an as scheduled basis or as needed by intern after observing a client session as schedule availability allows
- Observing and conducting screening calls with potential new clients / Returning Phone Calls to Clients
- Observing Intake Assessments
- Observing individual therapy sessions as approved by clients(s)
- Observing and assisting with group therapy when group(s) are in session
- Learn and maintain electronic health records as requested / Record-keeping
- Training in and completion of case management / administrative responsibilities
- Reading assignments and / or trainings about HIPPAA, Confidentiality, ethics and other related topics / (i.e.: Comparison of Psychology versus Social Work ethics and clinical considerations)
Must meet all UMW and Department of Psychological Science internship requirements.
- Required courses: PSYC 311 – Abnormal Psychology, PSYC 315 – Foundations of Clinical Psychology
- Recommended courses: PSYC 394 – Psychopharmacology
Be respectful of Mission and Religious Beliefs of Compassionate Counseling, LLC (e.g., please do not use the name of Jesus Christ in vain or denigrate members of the military)
- 42 hours of work per credit hour (most interns do 3 credits with 126 hours of work)
- Grade is based on on-campus supervision, agency evaluation, reflective journal, and a final
Elizabeth Taylor LCSW, CSAC, RPT-S, CETP (firstname.lastname@example.org)
5601 Cambridge Drive, Fredericksburg, Virginia 22407