Ph.D., University of Texas
Areas of Specialization:
- Latin American Politics
- Comparative Politics
- International Relations
- Author of the book The Resurgence of Populism in Latin America (Lynne Rienner, 2017).
- Author of articles in a number of scholarly journals, such as the American Journal of Political Science, Comparative Political Studies, Latin American Politics and Society, Party Politics, and Third World Quarterly.
- Author of pieces in other outlets, such as Mobilizing Ideas, Revista Perspectiva, and the Encyclopedia of Latin American History and Culture.
- Author of chapters in edited volumes, including the Handbook on Global Populism (Carlos de la Torre, ed.), The Fujimori Legacy (Julio Carrión, ed.), and Decentralization in Asia and Latin America (Paul Smoke, Eduardo Gómez, and George Peterson, eds.).
- Recipient of the Alumni Association Outstanding Young Faculty Member Award (2010).
- Recipient of the Jepson Fellowship (2009 – 2010).
- Recipient of the Smith Richardson Foundation Faculty Research Grant (for $60,000; 2007).
- Recipient of the University Achievement Award (2007).
To send e-mail to Professor Barr: email@example.com