Ph.D. in Political Science, University of Kansas
Areas of Specialization:
- International Diplomacy
- Politics and Governments of Russia and Central Eurasian States
- “Oligarchs in the Ukrainian Foreign Policymaking: Examining Influences in Transitional
Politics.” Jahrbuch für Wirtschaftsgeschichte /Economic History Yearbook, Ruhr-Universität
Bochum, vol. 60 (2): 335-361, 2019.
- “The Rise and Establishment of Oligarchs as Party Substitutes in Ukraine: An Assessment of
Post-Revolutionary (Orange) Years.” Ukraina Moderna, Kulturwissenschaftlishes Institut Essen
and Canadian Institute of Ukrainian Studies, vol. 25: 143-162, 2018.
- “An Unending Quest for Russia’s Place in the World: The Discursive Co-evolution of the Study
and Practice of International Relations in Russia” with Mariya Omelicheva. New Perspectives:
Interdisciplinary Journal of Central and East European Politics and International Relations,
vol. 24 (1): 19-53, 2016.
- “Mothers as Soldiers: Beyond the Veil of Gendered War,” Mothers under Fire: Mothering in
Conflict Areas. Eds. Tatjana Takleva and Arlene Sgoutas, Bradford: Demeter Press, 2015.
- “Controlling Institutions: How Greater (and Lesser) Powers Govern International
Organizations,” a book review in Journal of International Organization Studies, vol. 4(2): 78-
- “Failures and Prospects of Regional Organizations: Lessons from the Post-Soviet Space and
Beyond” with Mariya Omelicheva. The Whitehead Journal of Diplomacy and International
Relations, vol. 13 (2): 87-101, 2012.
- Visiting Researcher, Institute for Russian and Eurasian Studies, Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden, 2018.
- George F. Kennan Fellowship, Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars, Washington, D.C., 2018.
To send an email to Professor Zubytska: firstname.lastname@example.org