A Statement of Purpose is required for admission to the Master of Science in Geospatial Analysis (MSGA) for both undergraduate and graduate applicants.
We request a statement of purpose, or personal goals, which
- serves as a writing sample: how well can you articulate a research question?
- provides more personal reasons for your application
- helps us consider how well you will fit with our program
- tells us what you hope to get out of the MSGA.
How will you do that?
- Write in the first person!
- Why do you want to join the MSGA program?
- Share your research idea: what would you like to write your capstone on? (It is perfectly okay for this to change)
- What kinds of skills do you hope to master? Is there a particular career path you hope to follow? Why did you choose this program?
- What qualities make you a good candidate for this program? In what ways do you think you will excel?
- This statement should be 300-400 words in length.