ArcGIS 10.6.x and ArcGIS Pro 2.2 Download Instructions
Before you install ArcGIS for Desktop or ArcGIS Pro
Check our system requirements to make sure your computer has the hardware and software required for the trial.
ArcGIS Desktop download Instructions
The process install ArcGIS desktop requires 3 steps. It is best to complete these steps in the order presented below.
Step 1: Retrieve an ArcGIS Desktop authorization code
- Authorization codes are maintained by Dr. Yin. They are obtained from the following URL:
- This code can only be used to install the software on a single computer and is valid for 1 year.
- Once you have the code login to ESRI’s web site and and follow the instructions to have them authorize the code. Once the code has been authorized you can proceed with the installation.
Step 2: Retrieve ArcGIS software (10.6.1)
Once you have the authorization code you have 2 options for downloading the desktop software. The first is from our UMW server.
1. The file is located here:
2. The second is from the ESRI site here. This will allow you to download a trial copy. Before you get the download you must use your ESRIlogin to acquire one of their authorization codes. You will not use that code you will use the code you downloaded from our server. .
Step 3. Install ArcGIS
- Run Setup.exe to install ArcGIS for Desktop. The “Complete” installation is recommended.
- After the files are installed, the Authorization Wizard will open and prompt you to choose a product to authorize; select “ArcGIS Desktop Advanced (Single Use)” and click continue.
- The Authorization Wizard will prompt you for an authorization code; enter your activated code. Follow the prompts and the software will authorize and be ready for use.
Note: leave the default option for the software extensions selected; they will be authorized automatically.
ArcGIS Pro download Instructions
ArcGIS Pro can be download from this link:
Once it is installed you must contact Dr. Rizzo. He will authorize access to Pro and also ArcGIS Online. Confirmation of this will come via an email from ESRI.
Your username and passwords for Pro and desktop are the same.