Below are links to our past newsletters and events.
- Most recent Khatib Program Newsletter 2020-2021
- The Khatib Program’s first newsletter (2020)
- The Bible & the Qur’an, a course taught by Professor Benjamin Maton
- A talk on the occasion of Thomas Jefferson’s Statute of Religious Freedom titled “Religions of
Enslaved People”, presented by Dr. Mary Beth Mathews
- Fall 2020 event (28 October 2020) “Beyond the Ballot: The Role of Religion within the American Political Landscape.”A panel discussion on religion and American Politics with Dr. Nichole Flores (University of Virginia), Dr. John Fea (Messiah University), and Dr. Emile Lester (University of Mary Washington). This discussion occurred on 10/28/2020 and was moderated by Dr. Jennifer Barry (UMW) and made possible by the Khatib Program in Religion and Dialogue, headed by Dr. Mehdi Aminrazavi (UMW)
- Spring 2021 event (30 March 2021) “Religion, Democracy, & Violence: A Virtual Symposium.” A panel discussion on religion, democracy, and violence with Rabbi Lizz Goldstein (Congregation Ner Shalom), Rev. Mark S. Delcuze (Christ Church Parish, Kent Island), Ōshin Liam Jennings (No Barriers Zen), and Halla Attallah (Ph.D. candidate, Georgetown University). This discussion occurred on 03/30/2021 and was moderated by Dr. Mehdi Aminrazavi (UMW), Dr. Steve
Rabson (Brown University and UMW), and Ms. Mackenzie R. Poust (Khatib Program) and made possible by the Khatib Program in Religion and Dialogue.