UNIVERSITY OF MARY WASHINGTON and GERMANNA COMMUNITY COLLEGE DUAL NURSING DEGREES PROGRAM
Description of the BSN Completion Academic Partnership Plan BSN-APP ( 1+ 2 + 1)
Admission and Eligibility
- To be eligible for this program, UMW students who elect to live off campus must claim residency in one of the following areas: Culpeper, Madison, Orange, Spotsylvania, Stafford, Fredericksburg, Caroline, or King George.
- The University of Mary Washington agrees that students who enter the BSN-APP (1 + 2 + 1 BSN Plan) and who graduate with the A.A.S. degree in nursing from GCC are guaranteed admission to the BSN Completion Program at UMW following the presentation of their RN license to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- Pre-licensure nursing programs are competitive. University of Mary Washington students entering this program during their freshman year are not guaranteed acceptance to the GCC Nursing Program.
- Students may not enroll in UMW courses which start with the NURS prefix until they pass the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses (NCLEX-RN) and present their RN license.
- Students have 5 years, following graduation with their A.A.S. degree in nursing, to complete the fourth year at UMW.
- Germanna Community College and UMW reserve the right to deny or revoke admission to the GCC Nursing Program and/or the BSN Completion Program to students who have been suspended or dismissed from any institution of higher education or convicted of a felony, use of illegal substances, or on charges related to physical abuse towards others.