The following Scholarships are available for physics majors:
- Bulent I. Atalay Scholarship in Physics — Total average award budget $1,400 * Rising junior or senior majoring in physics. Recipients must be US citizen or permanent resident and have minimum cumulative GPA 2.5 and 3.0 in their major. Applicants should complete the Major GPA section of the application.
- John Cope ’83 Memorial Scholarship — Total average award budget $1,400* Students who plan to major in Biology, Chemistry or Physics. Recipients must have a minimum cumulative 3.0 GPA.
- Peggy Ellis Gill ’53 Scholarship in Science – Total average award budget $2,000* Chemistry, biology, physics, environmental science, or geology majors. Candidates must be residents of Virginia for at least two years and have demonstrated financial need.
- Paula O’Gorman Rimnac ’47 Scholarship – Total average award budget $2,000* Declared majors in a life science, including biology, chemistry, physics, and environmental sciences.
- Jepson Scholars Program —Program developed by UMW faculty and funded by the National Science Foundation (NSF) to address financial burdens and enhance the undergraduate experience for academically talented students interested in pursuing a major in Biological Sciences, Chemistry, Earth and Environmental Sciences, or Physics. This program includes two paid, hands-on research experiences that will help students develop skills for careers and post-graduate studies in the natural sciences. Ten scholars will be selected for matriculation in 2018-19, and another 10 for matriculation in 2019-20. Preference is given to students who apply Early Action by November 15 and who have demonstrated need as determined by the FAFSA. More details can be found here.