Admission Requirements for the 1+2+1 Dual Degrees in Nursing Plan
- Admission into the University of Mary Washington.
- Admission into the Germanna Community College.
- Admission to the Germanna nursing program (which requires a separate application/admission process from the school’s general admission process). To qualify for acceptance into the GCC nursing program, you must have completed one unit of high school biology with lab, one unit of high school chemistry with lab, and one unit of high school algebra or equivalents with a minimum grade of “B” within five years prior to applying. You must achieve a minimum SAT score of 550 for Math and 560 for Evidence-Based Critical Reading (or equivalent ACT scores).
- It is highly advisable to submit your admission application to UMW as early as possible. Enrollment space in this program is very limited.
- All two-year (AAS) nursing programs in the United States are extremely competitive. UMW students applying to the Germanna nursing program are not guaranteed acceptance to the GCC Nursing Program. (However, once the student graduates from the GCC Nursing Program with at least a 3.0 GPA and obtains a Virginia RN license, he/she is guaranteed admission to the UMW BSN Completion Program.)
- Students may not enroll in UMW’s upper-level courses which start with the NURS prefix (the upper-level BSN courses taken in the fourth year at UMW) until they have obtained their AAS in Nursing degree and an RN license.
- GCC and UMW reserve the right to deny or revoke admission to the GCC Nursing Program and/or the BSN Completion Program to any student who has been suspended or dismissed from any institution of higher education or convicted of a felony, use of illegal substances, or on charges related to physical abuse towards others.