- Director of Jazz Studies at the University of Mary Washington.
Director of the Jazz Ensemble, Concert Band, Flute Ensemble, Coordinator for various chamber music groups, and the principal instructor of flute, clarinet, saxophone, and jazz piano.
- Current Artist/Clinician with Jupiter Instruments – Flutes
- Active performer, composer and arranger. As a multi-instrumentalist, specializing in woodwinds, toured and performed throughout the United States, Canada, South America, and Europe. Works within various jazz and classical genres including conducting Master class clinics, solo appearances, symphonic, chamber, and club date performances.
- Leads his own jazz groups. Recordings: Doug Gately Quartet
- Former Artist/Clinician with Buffet Clarinets.
- Credited with numerous studio recordings for commercials and CDs’, as well as making radio and television appearances.
- Former member and featured soloist with the USAF Airmen of Note, in Washington DC., the premier jazz ensemble of the United States Air Force. (visit Airmen of Note for recordings)
- Credits include performances with Jazz Artists, Arturo Sandoval, Dizzy Gillespie, Bill Watrous, Stanley Turentine, Bob Mitzer, Jon Faddis, Carmen Mcrae, Joe Williams, and Sammy Nestico.
- Credits also include performances with Mathew Morrison, Seth McFarlane, Michael Feinstein, Natalie Cole, Aretha Franklin, Tony Bennet, Nancy Wilson, Bob Hope, Spinners, Temptations, Crystal Gayle, the Manhatten Transfer, Louis Belson, and the National Symphony Orchestra.
- Studied woodwinds with Joe Viola at the Berklee College of Music in Boston, and is a graduate of Mary Washington College and George Mason University.
Doug’s most current Performance Schedule and latest Recordings can be found at: