What are you doing for your internship?
– I’m working at the WJLA studios in Arlington for the show Full Measure with Sharyl Attkisson. Right now, I’m mostly doing research for the stories that will eventually go on air. I had to familiarize myself with the subjects of terrorism overseas, ISIS, and political issues here in Washington D.C. We’ve also been paying attention to diplomatic relations between China, North Korea, and America. I also go on shoots and help out the cameraman or whoever else needs assistance. I definitely appreciate not sitting at a desk all day, every day. I like being out in the field.
What are you thinking of doing after graduation? Do you see the internship factoring into that decision?
– I would love to continue working here. I grew up in the newsroom environment, but never really wanted anything to do with working for a news station until I started this internship. So far it’s come naturally to me and I feel right at home with everyone. I also started looking at law schools a few weeks ago, and I’ve been studying for the LSAT during some of my spare time.
Any travel plans this summer?
– Hopefully South Korea, Singapore, The Philippines, and Malaysia. I’d be going to those places for the internship, but the trip isn’t 100% set yet. I’m remaining hopeful! I think we’ll be hitting Puerto Rico in August.
Best meal you’ve eaten since going home for the summer?
– Definitely the meal I had for my birthday. Seemingly infinite amounts of crab legs and shrimp… Those are two foods I can never grow tired of no matter how much of them I eat.
Best thing you read in the last year?
– It’s a tie between the Look At The Birdie short story collection by Kurt Vonnegut, and Gods Behaving Badly by Marie Phillips (this one is hilarious).