The course offerings within the department of chemistry can be found in the undergraduate catalog. Information about specific courses can be found using the links on the left.
Effective Fall 2014, the following minimum grades are required for continuing in higher level chemistry courses:
- CHEM 112 requires a grade of C- or better in Chemistry 111.
- CHEM 211, CHEM 253, CHEM 254, or CHEM 343 require a grade of C or better in CHEM 112.
- CHEM 212 requires a grade of C or better in CHEM 211.
- CHEM 317 requires a grade of C or better in CHEM 212.
- CHEM 383, 384 Prerequisites: MATH 122, PHYS 105 and 106 or 101 and 102, and a grade of C or better in CHEM 112.
- CHEM 453 is open to graduating majors only with a major GPA of 2.0 or higher
Effective Fall 2014, students who have received credit for CHEM 111 may not enroll in Foundations of Chemistry (CHEM 101)